Mike Wojcik, MBA, CLU, CFP®
Senior Vice President
Mike is Senior Vice President and a Principal of The Horton Group. He joined Horton in 1989 as one of the founding partners of their benefit consulting and brokerage division. His leadership and innovative drive has helped the Division earn constant growth and recognition as a leader in the industry.
Mike earned his Bachelor's degree from Roosevelt University and an MBA from Lewis University. He received his Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation from the American College and is a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU). Mike is currently enrolled in the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) program at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Mike has served on numerous advisory boards for insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. In related industries he has served as past Chair of the Governing Council of Advocate South Suburban Hospital and the Healthcare Council of the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce. Mike remains active on the board of the hospital and United Way South-Southwest Suburban where he serves as Vice-President of the Community Impact Steering Committee.
Mike also serves on two Industry Healthcare Task Forces and as a result has testified several times to Legislative Committees; written and co-authored several white papers on healthcare reform and works extensively with the Department of Insurance and the Director of Outreach for The Health Insurance Marketplace regarding the impact of the Affordable Care Act. He is serving his fifth term and is now Chairman of the National Healthcare Task Force of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America in Washington D.C. This group supports their Government Affairs body working directly with Congressional members involved in health care reform.
“My career is based on an unwavering passion to expand accessibility and affordability of healthcare. My involvement in the community has had a profound impact on the way I present healthcare options to clients, which involves providing sustainability to employee benefit programs. We have a hands-on approach to both the HR and employee level platforms which provides a continuity of effort in accomplishing goals. I constantly look for innovative ways to assist employers with their long-term strategies and workplace culture.”
- Masters in Business Administration, Lewis University
- B.A. in Business Administration, Roosevelt University
- Chartered Life Underwriter
- Certified Financial Plannerټbr>Property & Casualty
- Life & Health
- The Horton Group Principal and Senior Vice President since 1989
- Combined Financial Consultants President/Owner, 1986-1989
- John Hancock Insurance Group Health Sales, 1985-1986
- Jewel Food Stores Store Manager, Operations Manager, Field Supervisor, 1972-1985
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers - National Health Care Task Force
- Independent Insurance Agents of IL - State Health Care Task Force
- Society of Financial Service Professionals, President-Elect, South Suburban Chapter
- Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Governance Council Chair and Strategic Planning Committee
- Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce, Government Affairs & Health Care Council Chair
- Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois (PIIAI), Board of Directors, Government Relations Committee
- St. Elizabeth Seton Parish - Finance Council
- Sidney O. Smith Award from Big "I" Executive Committee, 2014 - Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA) highest individual government affairs honor
- Senior Management Planning Meeting, Fall 2007 - Partners in Progress - Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Navigating Through The Health Care Maze - A Special Focus on Consumer Directed Healthcare - IASBO Regional Conference - Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Worksite Wellness, Prevention and Disease Management - A Powerful Combination to Control Healthcare Costs and Increase Productivity* - IASBO Summer Conference - Regional Seminar / Southwest -
- Conference of Mayors - IASBO Regional Conference - ADP Annual Client Convention *SHRM Accredited
- Published Articles and Quoted Industry Expert:
- Illinois City / County Management Association Newsletter
- Daily Southtown
- Chicago Southland Business ֠Publication of the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois
- Aetna Health
- Coventry Health
- Destiny Health
- Southwest Conference of Mayors
- South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association
- Will County Governmental League
- Illinois City/County Managers Association
- Illinois Municipal League
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO) ֠Human Resource Committee
Read More From Customers
...I received a lot of great feedback and was very appreciative of the great discussion spurred by your presentation, Mike, and that of the Crossroads Coalition.
Laura Minzer, Executive Director
Michael, thank you for your wisdom and excellent presentation last Tuesday at our FSP meeting!
Frank A. Marcin, MSFS, President
Greater Chicago Chapter of Society of Financial Professionals
The Horton Group has helped our organization cope with the pressures of rising healthcare costs by increasing our level of communication with every covered employee. Their technology and team approach to employee benefits management continue to make a positive difference.
Alan Garreau, Vice President of Human Resources
Fox River Foods
There are insurance agencies and there are resource centers. Mike Wojcik and the entire client service team at Horton bring our Village, and especially our covered employees, a comprehensive range of resources. Together they provide coverage and day-to-day support that our people know they can depend on.
Stephana Przybylski, Director of Human Resources
Village of Orland Park
Mike and his team bring a depth of knowledge and experience to our organization that we could never duplicate. While he has helped us design employee health benefit programs that serve our employees well, his commitment to helping us explore all our options has made a tremendous difference, not only in the quality of our employee benefit plans but in our bottom line.
Dan Walsh, Business Manager
Marist High School