Patrick Nugent, GDBS
Patrick Nugent is a Senior Client Executive for Horton’s Benefit Solutions. In this role, Patrick is responsible for providing expert employee benefits consulting, bringing new clients on board, and servicing and retaining existing clients. He is part of a team of employee benefits-focused specialists dedicated to delivering innovative healthcare solutions to employers.
Before joining Horton in 2015, Patrick served as Vice President at the brokerage firm of David Danzig & Associates. Prior to this, Patrick held positions with insurance firms including Humana, Coventry, Destiny Health and Meeker Magner. Patrick’s career has spanned virtually every aspect of health insurance and employee benefits, giving him an invaluable understanding of actuarial philosophy, risk underwriting, claims escalation and wellness engagement planning. Patrick has also been engaged in strategic planning on how to reduce costs, influence proper plan utilization, help employees live healthier lives and use real-time activities to affect long-term outcomes.
“Because the insurance industry is undergoing constant change, we need to be nimble and well-informed in order to provide accurate, timely counsel to our clients,” said Patrick. “Many employers are choosing progressive plans that address not only the cost of care, but also the health and well-being of their employees.”
Patrick is committed to developing personal relationships with his clients and delivering service and solutions that will retain them as Horton clients for years to come.
“Responding to our clients is the most important activity of each work day,” said Patrick. “Every time we interact with a client, they should feel like they are our only client.”
Patrick grew up in Glen Ellyn, IL, where he currently resides with his own family. In his time away from work, Patrick enjoys golf, hosting friends at cookouts, cheering on the Blackhawks, and working on his vintage Jeep.
- The American College, Employee Benefits and Financial Services
- The Horton Group, Client Executive
- David Danzig & Associates, Vice President
- Humana Insurance, Group Sales Representative
- Coventry Insurance, Account Executive
- Meeker Magner Co., Employee Benefits Specialist
- Destiny Health, Product Specialist
- Licensed Life & Health Producer
- Group Disability Benefits Specialist (GDBS)
- National Speakers Association, member
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Young Professional Leadership Committee, Director
- Glen Ellyn Youth Soccer Board, member