Rae Anne Beaudry
Senior Vice President
Whether she is preparing to teach a course about Choice Based Benefits or reading a new book at home about the pre-Civil War era, Rae Anne Beaudry is constantly learning. “I have been in the employee benefits arena as an agent, intermediary or consultant for more than 20 years, and I learn something new every day,” Rae Anne said.
As Senior Vice President and a shareholder of The Horton Group, Rae Anne is dedicated to providing best in class services and solutions to her new and existing clients, utilizing her experienced team of Account Executives, vendor contacts and other internal resources.
Prior to joining The Horton Group, Rae Anne was Vice President and part-owner of Health Care System Consultants (HCSC), Inc., one of the strongest employee benefit consulting firms in Wisconsin. “We made the decision to combine our efforts with The Horton Group due to the strong ‘client comes first' vision of both organizations. Horton is constantly looking to hire industry leaders and those with niche market experience, always remaining best in class in the insurance industry.”
During her years spent developing her expertise in employee benefits, Rae Anne narrowed in on the municipal market, focusing on cities, villages, counties and school districts. Although she focuses on a specific market segment, Rae Anne understands that every employer group is unique. “My priorities when working with a client are to educate them regarding what is possible for their group, outline the strategy and perform my responsibilities within the specified time frame,” Rae Ann shared. “I view myself as a part of the human resources or finance divisions for my clients. My expertise is in employee benefits, and I am available for anything they need so they can focus on other aspects of their jobs.”
Rae Anne has an impressive background as a public speaker, educator and board member for various organizations. “I am a firm believer that teaching is often the best way to learn a subject. Even when I have a solid base in a subject, I learn more preparing to speak in front of a group- something I enjoy doing often.” Rae Anne is an active participant in the Wisconsin Public Employers Labor Relations Association (WPELRA), Cities, Villages and Municipalities Insurance Coalition (CVMIC), Wisconsin Government Finance Officers Association (WGFOA) and the Municipal Treasurers' Association (MTA), to name just a few.
Rae Anne grew up in Park Falls, Wisconsin and currently resides in Franklin, Wisconsin with her husband, Tom. Their son, Alex, is a student at Marquette University. Whenever possible, Rae Anne and her family travel to Europe, including past trips to Ireland, England, Italy and Austria. When home, Rae Anne likes to entertain family and friends. “More than anything, I enjoy spending time with my family, regardless of what we are doing.”
- B.A. in Criminal Justice Studies, Marquette University, 1984. Minors in English, Theology and Philosophy
- Licensed Life and Health Producer
- The Horton Group Senior Vice President, 2007-Present
- Health Care Systems Consultants, Inc. Chief Operating Officer and Legal Compliance Officer, 1996-2007
- Health and Workers’ Compensation Fringe Benefit Planning, Inc., Consultant and Insurance Intermediary, 1988-1996
- Union Mutual (UNUM/Provident), Account Representative, 1987-1988
- Balance, Inc. – Secretary and Board Member, since 2001
- United Cerebral Palsy of Southeastern Wisconsin – Vice President and President Elect
- Franklin Public Library Foundation – Secretary and Board Member, since 2005
- St. Thomas More Quarterback Club – former President
- Orland International Society of Certified Employee Benefits, Faculty Instructor for Choice Based Benefits, Health Benefit Basics, Certificate of Achievement in Public Policy and Essentials of Public Sector Health Plan Programs
- MATC Insurance Advisory and Continuing Education, Faculty
- Board of International Foundation of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists, Chair Person Continuing Education Committee
- Employer and Healthcare Seminars, Speaker for COBRA, HIPAA, and Retiree Health Issues
- Publications relative to Retiree Health Benefit Plans, HIPAA Compliance, and COBRA Compliance
Read More From Customers
Rae Anne is extremely insightful and very personable. She has been a business partner of ours for more than five years, and we value her knowledge of market trends in the employee benefits industry.
John Houston, Vice President of Human Resources
Rae Anne Beaudry consistently provides Wood County with clear and ‘on point’ advice. She recently guided us through the transition to a new health insurance third party administrator (TPA). Her ability to work with our transition team and the new TPA allowed us to make a rapid and seamless transition. Her understanding of the process legalities, her broad knowledge of the insurance world and her empathy for how the changes might affect our employees are extremely valuable to us.
Ed Reed, Human Resources Director