Ronald R. Assise, CIC
For Ron Assise, President of Horton Personal Insurance, barely a moment goes by when he is not thinking about the next way he can assist one of his clients. His constant energy and pure passion for making sure customers are properly protected is what has driven Ron for almost 30 years in the insurance industry. In fact, the first customer that Ron insured back in 1985 is still a happy client of his.
As President of one of the largest personal lines agencies in the United States, it is Ron's goal to make sure that all personal lines customers receive the strongest advice and access to the best coverage available for their needs. "It is simple. My goal for myself and for our exceptional team is to provide outstanding customer service at all times," said Ron. "My priority is to exceed customer expectations consistently and to do more than expected, even faster than we promise."
"For 25 years, all of my insurance needs have been handled by Ron Assise. During that time, my lifestyle has changed and Ron has been there to make sure that my ever-changing needs were met and my assets protected. I appreciate the high level of professional service I receive due to The Horton Group’s commitment to excellence." —Dr. Michael Kuzniewski, St. Charles, IL
Ron's tremendous depth of knowledge in insurance comes from his vast industry background. Beginning in the mid-1980s, Ron was an Agent and District Manager for Prudential Insurance in Chicago. Following Prudential, Ron was a District Manager for American Family Insurance for several years before founding his own agency, The Ronald Assise Insurance Group, located in Crestwood, Illinois. In 2005, when Ron made the decision to combine his agency's strengths with those of The Horton Group, he became President of Horton Personal Insurance.
Merging the strength of Ron's agency with Horton allows Ron to give his customers everything they deserve. "We are different from other personal lines agencies, as we are able to provide the personal care and attention most often found at smaller agencies, while gaining access to multiple insurance companies, strong automation and more resources for our customers," said Ron. "The way I see it, we constantly give our customers the best of both worlds."
For several years, Ron was an Instructor for the Erie Insurance Agent College, teaching an Agency Management seminar to other agency leaders. Ron taught modules on staffing, from the recruiting process, to interviews, profiling, orientation, training, and performance reviews. He also focused on marketing issues, including various marketing sources, setting a budget, tracking results and return on investment. Ron has also served as the National Program Chair at three consecutive personal lines meetings for the Assurex Global organization. Ron’s interest in education continues, he has named “Director of Education” for the “Council on Insuring Private Clients” in March 2014. Ron is also on the facility of the "National Alliance for Insurance Education," the foremost educator for the insurance industry.
Ron grew up on the southwest side of Chicago, in Marquette Park. He currently resides in Tinley Park, Illinois with his wife, Cheryl, and their two children, Kristyn and Nicholas. When the family has the chance to vacation, they spend time in Florida. Ron is actively involved in the men's ministry at his church.
- Life License
- Property & Casualty License
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Certified Instructor, Pre-Licensing for Property & Casualty
- Certified Instructor, Pre-Licensing for Life & Health
- Instructor/ Faculty - Erie Agent College
- Faculty- National Alliance for Insurance Education
- The Horton Group President, Horton Personal Insurance, 2005-Present
- Ronald Assise Insurance Group President and CEO, 1999-2005
- American Family Insurance District Manager, 1993-1999, Agent, 1993-1999
- Prudential Insurance Company District Manager, 1990-1993, Agent and Registered Representative, 1985-1990
- Orland Park Chamber of Commerce
- Membership Committee
- Tinley Park Chamber of Commerce
- Church Mens Ministry Coordinator
- AAA Regional Advisory Board
- Erie Insurance, Moderator
- National Advisory Council, 2003-2004
- Hanover Insurance Regional Allusionary Board
- Met Life Midwest Advisory Council
- Selective National Advisory Council
- MetLife National Advisory Board
- Central Mutual Midwest Agent Council
- Assurex Global -Chairman “Private Client Practice Group”
- National Profitability Award, Met Life 2013
- Company Top Ten Award, American Family Insurance 1994
- Diamond Life Award, Prudential Insurance 1987
- Illinois Agent of the Year, Erie Insurance 2004
- National Sales Achievement Award, Prudential Insurance
- National Quality Award, Prudential Insurance 1988
- Sam Black Award (Top Production and Profit), Erie Insurance 2008
Read More From Customers
When I started working with Ron for my auto insurance needs, he took the time to review all of my insurance coverage; something no past agent had ever done. Ron discovered several gaps in coverage which would have left me exposed during a claim. Ron and his team gave me several new options for insurance protection, while still providing competitive pricing. Since then, I have recommended Ron and The Horton Group to several family members and friends." — Myles Manzke, Chicago, IL