- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Part-Time Safety Director Services
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- D&O / Managements Liability
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development & Property Management Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Wood Product Insurance
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- HR Technology and Benefits Administration
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Asset Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
831(b) Captive Workshop – Insuring Enterprise Risk for Business Owners (Waukesha, WI)
Registration is from 7:30 – 8:00 A.M.
An 831(b) captive is a risk management structure that allows a business to fund for future risk. Premiums of up to $1.2MM per year are tax deductible, if paid to a qualified captive structure, to cover many risks that the insurance marketplace typically doesn’t cover, such as:
- Loss of a key customer
- Loss of a key supplier
- Loss of market
- Loss of a key employee
- Product recall
- Reputational damage
- Political risk
- Insurance policy deductibles
Who should attend?
Private company owners and executives, as well as their most trusted advisors (such as Accountants, Attorneys, Wealth Advisors, Business Consultants, etc.).
Questions that will be answered:
- What is an 831(b) captive and why would a company want one?
- How is it different from the traditional group captive?
- How does this coordinate with the current insurance in place?
- What could be covered in the captive?
- Does it make financial sense?
- How does the IRS view these?
- Who makes a good candidate?
- How are claims paid?
- How are they set up?
- What makes a good domicile?
DAVID M. DIMAYO
Chief Executive Officer / Oxford Risk Management Group
David has been an integral part of the Oxford Risk Management Group since its inception in 2010. Prior to the founding of Oxford, he worked in the life insurance space brokering both life settlements and premium financing deals for high net worth clients with The Affluence Group, LLC. Before working in the financial services industry, he served in the United States Marine Corps, stationed with the 2nd Battalion, Third Marines, Echo Company, Weapons Platoon at the Kaneohe Bay Marine Corps base in Hawaii. In addition to his position at Oxford, David is currently the Brokerage Manager at The Affluence Group, LLC.
As CEO, David evaluates new risk management structures and domiciles for Oxford. He has been involved with the formation of both domestic and international captive insurance plans, as well as facilitating the novation of international captive structures to US domiciles. David works alongside Oxford’s management team to oversee strategic risk management initiatives, new alternative risk transfer concepts and also the continued evaluation of Oxford’s Best Practices and Procedures to keep Oxford at the forefront of the captive industry.
An additional area of focus for David is new client sales and management of Oxford’s sales force. David also works with advisors throughout the country educating and conducting feasibility analysis on the formation of captive insurance companies with the Oxford Risk Management Group. David has been invited to speak at many seminars and regularly conducts continuing education meetings for CPAs, attorneys and professionals.
David is a graduate of the University of Maryland and is a member of The Baltimore Estate Planning Council, Captive Insurance Group, the Delaware Captive Insurance Association, the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association, the North Carolina Captive Insurance Association and the Family Office Exchange. David is currently working towards an Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) designation and currently resides with his wife, Ashley, and daughter, McKayla, in Monkton, Maryland.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.