- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Part-Time Safety Director Services
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- D&O / Managements Liability
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development & Property Management Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Wood Product Insurance
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- HR Technology and Benefits Administration
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Asset Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
Exposed, Targeted & Breached: Your Business Has Already Had A Cyber Attack (Oak Brook, IL)
Registration is from 8:00 – 8:30 A.M. / Continental Breakfast will be served.
Most companies take over six months to detect data breaches.
It was recently reported that the average commercial business is faced with continuous attacks and most of those organizations are unaware a breach has occurred.
Businesses are facing ransoms, corporate take overs and their information being sold on the black market.
The best case scenario is that the cyber thieves simply hold the data for ransom – forcing the organization to pay top dollar to purchase it back. However, these thieves know that the data stored by commercial businesses, public entities and organizations is valuable – ranging from trade secrets to sensitive customer data. If accessed, this data can be sold on the black market for high prices. The threat of private and secure information being leaked for the world to access creates an entire new set of concerns for businesses.
Business owners of all sizes continue to function under the false belief that they are protected and their IT department is mitigating potential breaches. When in reality, they have already been breached.
Civil Liability & Notice
Information Security Network Architect / Peters & Associates
Michael Quilty is a highly certified subject matter expert in the field of CyberSecurity and has consulted on information security programs for government agencies including: U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Courts, Massachusetts’ Department of Workforce Development, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. He has spent over 30 years in the Information Technology industry, with the last 15 years focusing on Information Security, including information assurance, certification and accreditation, and vulnerability testing and assessment. Mr. Quilty has also been in a lead position at NIST on information assurance programs for FISMA authorization and accreditation.
Violet M. Clark
Partner / Laner Muchin
Violet Clark is a partner at Laner Muchin and, also, serves as a Hearing Officer for the City of Chicago Commission on Human Relations and the Cook County Human Rights Commission. She represents management in employment law and labor relations matters before the EEOC, the Illinois Human Rights Commission, state and federal courts, wage and hour matters before the Illinois and United States Departments of Labor, affirmative action matters with the OFCCP, as well as collective bargaining negotiations, contract drafting and interpretation, grievance handling, and unfair labor practice matters before the NLRB and problem-solving in most, if not all, facets of the employer/employee relationship.
Stacy D. Fulco
Partner / Cremer Spina
Stacy Fulco is a partner and member of the law firm Cremer Spina in Chicago. Her practice focuses on the representation of retailers, restaurants and hospitality companies. Stacy has been published and spoken about many security issues impacting the retail and hospitality industries, including concealed-carry policy and liability issues, security manual preparation and tips on hiring security staff. Stacy also publishes a blog addressing legal issues that impact the retail, restaurant and hospitality industries (www.stacyfulco.com).
Sales Executive / Horton Group – Risk Advisory Solutions
Mike Richmond is a risk advisory consultant with The Horton Group. He has spent the past eleven years consulting mid-market businesses and organizations on how to coordinate insurance programs alongside proper risk management policies and procedures. Much of his focus has been in the crime and cyber liability fields, addressing coverage for network security, business income loss, and electronic banking loss.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.