- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Part-Time Safety Director Services
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- D&O / Managements Liability
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development & Property Management Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Wood Product Insurance
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- HR Technology and Benefits Administration
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Asset Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
Preventing Workplace Violence (Waukesha, WI)
Registration is from 8:00 – 8:30 A.M. / Q&A to follow from 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
Active Shooter: Civilian Responses to a Violent Intruder
Overall, roughly 2 million workers a year are affected by some form of workplace violence. According to government statistics, there is an average of 400 workplace homicide victims per year.
Workplace violence is often discussed, but rarely addressed. Any time tempers flare or aggressive behavior is not addressed, the risk of violence increases. Many businesses, governmental agencies, and schools find their organizations ill-equipped to prevent violence and unprepared to respond to a crisis.
ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) Training prepares individuals to handle the threat of an Active Shooter. ALICE is a research-based, proactive approach to responding to an active shooter situation which authorizes and empowers those engaged in such an event to utilize existing building infrastructure, technology, and human action to increase their chances of survival.
The ALICE Training Institute believes that individuals should be authorized and empowered to make their own life-saving decisions. Once empowered to make their own life-saving decisions, individuals must be trained in proactive response options, rather than a passive, mandated, one-size-fits-all response.
Please join us to understand how these active shooter events emerge and for an overview of the ALICE Training principles that can be employed by your organization to increase the chances of survival.
About the ALICE Training Institute
From the ALICE Training Institute’s beginning as a small school safety company, they have been dedicated to promoting proactive strategies to improve the chances of survival during an active shooter event. They’ve worked with thousands of people in higher education, K-12, professional, corporate, and government organizations to empower their people using the ALICE response program.
The ALICE Training Institute’s drive to make a difference and continue to lead the evolution in active shooter response education is at the core of what makes their solutions so effective. ALICE’s mission is “To Improve the Chances of Survival.” If the police can’t be there in time to help, the next best thing is to prepare the civilian population to help themselves until public safety arrives.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.