- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Part-Time Safety Director Services
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- D&O / Managements Liability
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development & Property Management Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Wood Product Insurance
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- HR Technology and Benefits Administration
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Asset Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
[Webinar] COVID-19 Vaccinations: What Employers Need to Consider
If an employee does not get vaccinated, can a workers’ compensation claim be compensable if COVID-19 is determined to be contracted in the workplace?
As we inch closer to distributing a vaccination for COVID-19, it is becoming clearer that there are more questions for employers rather than answers. Once the federal and state agencies weigh-in, the options become even more complex. This webinar will address many items that employers should consider in the advance of a vaccination.
We will discuss ways for employers to navigate the potential legislative, regulatory, morale, and insurance effects to come in 2021, including:
- Do I need a vaccination policy? And can my company be liable for not requiring vaccination?
- Is this an employer’s responsibility or is it the responsibility of individual employees who wish to receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Can we require our employees to be vaccinated? And can employees be terminated for refusing the vaccination?
- What are the already-existing legal and regulatory limitations for EEOC, OSHA, and HIPAA that we can consider now?
- Does the vaccine mean that we no longer need to enforce masks and social distancing in the workplace?
- How much will the COVID-19 vaccine cost and who will pay for it?
- Can organizations purchase vaccines for employees and their families?
- Can our health plan cover vaccination for employees who have waived insurance?
- How do ACA requirements apply to COVID-19 vaccinations?
- Does your health insurance plan cover vaccines for furloughed EE’s?
- What do the current vaccination phases recommended by the federal government look like?
- Can a member be balanced billed when getting a vaccination?
Ronald Kowalczyk / Kelleher + Holland, LLC
Mr. Kowalczyk concentrates his practice in the area of civil litigation with an emphasis on employment, business and corporate, and intellectual property law. He handles a wide array of employment matters not limited to hiring and terminating employees, executive contracts and compensation, employment handbooks, employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, severance agreements, covenants not-to-compete, workforce reductions, Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), overtime compensation, and discrimination/harassment claims. Mr. Kowalczyk is also an experienced intellectual property litigator handling federal court copyright, trademark, and patent infringement cases, as well as Opposition Proceedings and Appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Andrew J. Kelleher, Jr. / Kelleher + Holland, LLC
Andrew J. Kelleher, Jr., co-founder of Kelleher + Holland, LLC, had a vision of legal services deeply rooted in high-level client services from the very inception of his career. He believes that nothing replaces old-fashioned hard work. That hard work has been focused on putting the client’s best interests first for 25 years.
Andy concentrates his practice in trust and estate law, business law, tax law, and asset protection planning for high net worth business owners, executives, and individuals. He enjoys the never-ending challenges of solving complex estate and tax planning puzzles for his clients. Being both an attorney and a CPA, he has earned the respect and trust of both clients and peers alike by never prescribing advice that he wouldn’t take himself.
Jonathan Reinecke / Horton Group
Jonathan Reinecke is a Partner, Shareholder, and serves as a Vice President of Sales in Horton’s Employee Benefit Solutions Division. He brings several years of insurance experience in healthcare and insurance to Horton’s team of risk advisors, employee benefit, and insurance specialists. In his role at Horton, Jonathan is responsible for providing strategic, cost-effective, and innovative solutions to meet his clients’ most complex, employee benefits and healthcare challenges.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.