Falls are the leading cause of workplace injuries in every industry, not just construction. But, when employees at one of your worksites are exposed to falls from dangerous heights, an incident that would lead to a bruise in an office could turn into a fatality.
Here are five tips you can use to protect your employees from falls and avoid costly injuries:
- Supplement your normal employee fall training with toolbox talks that focus on your organization’s unique risks.
- Make sure that your employees only use ladders according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Post reminders around all areas with fall hazards for your employees to wear personal protective equipment.
- Regularly inspect and secure all stairs and handrails to ensure their strength.
- Contact us at 708-845-3000 for resources you can use to train employees and address fall hazards.
© 2019 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.