- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- Directors & Officers Insurance – Management Liability Insurance
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Business Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- NonProfit Insurance – Insurance For 501(C)
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Covering Your Craftsmanship: Coverage Options for Wood Product Businesses
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- Benefits administration technology
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Liability Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
A Better Way to Manage Health Insurance Costs for Independent Schools
The Independent Schools Benefits Consortium
For too long private schools have struggled with managing health insurance costs while balancing the budgetary needs of other critical needs, the least of which not being the costs associated with COVID-19 mediation. Now there is a straightforward, flexible, and comprehensive program that will drive down cost while enhancing the employee experience.
The ISBC health insurance program was designed to be flexible and comprehensive. It offers low administrative fees, competitive discounts, innovative Rx solutions, and a structure that allows schools to recapture excess funding that was not used to pay for the reimbursement of medical claims. As an added feature, the program contains a robust financial education platform that will help students increase their financial acumen, help parents understand financial aid options for post-secondary education, and help employees manage existing student loan debt.
Please join the Horton Group and special guests Kurt Meinberg from the Oswald Companies and David Wright from the University School in Cleveland, Ohio, as we discuss and explain how the Independent Schools Benefits Consortium (ISBC) will help independent, private and charter schools better manage the cost of their employees’ health insurance.
The future of employee benefits for private schools starts now.
David Wright / Finance Director / University School in Cleveland, Ohio
David Wright has been the Finance Director for University School in Cleveland, Ohio for 22 years. Prior to University School, David was the CFO of the Ohio Turnpike and VP of Finance of a small liberal arts college in Northeast Ohio. He began his career in corporate accounting for major retailers.
University School is a Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade all-boys private day school with an enrollment of 850 students. David oversees all the financial operations, food service, maintenance, housekeeping and transportation. The School’s operating budget is $28 million, and its Endowment is $85 million.
A graduate of Muskingum University, David received his CPA certification early in his career and has worked in the financial and accounting world for over 30 years.
David current is serving as Treasurer on the board of Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (CVCA) a 6th through 12th grade school with enrollment of 850 students. He served 6 years on the National Association of Business Officers (NBOA) board.
David also serves as Treasurer on the board of Legacies of Success a non-profit Christian organization using housing as a means to love neighbors, Legacies of Success desires to restore vacant homes in hopes of restoring hope for families who feel trapped by generational poverty and hopelessness in the North Hills area of Akron.
He lives with his wife Beth in Silver Lake near Akron, Ohio. David and Beth have been blessed with three daughters and three grandchildren. They both are enjoying “empty nesting.”
Kurt Meinberg / Vice President & Sr. Client Executive / Oswald Companies
Kurt Meinberg has over 35 years of experience in employee benefits working with plan sponsors on strategic initiatives involving all aspects of health insurance and risk management. He has spent 8 years as Team Leader for Oswald’s Global Accounts Practice and is currently responsible for leading the Independent Schools Benefit Consortium (ISBC), a comprehensive employee benefits program with over 60 member schools. Kurt also is heading up the Oswald Affinity Group Captive, an innovative self-funding platform for Middle Market employers.
Mr. Meinberg’s career has been spent marketing and managing self-funded plans. Prior to joining Oswald Companies, he was Vice President of a Cleveland area Third Party Administrator.
Kurt is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse earning a bachelor’s degree in Finance.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.