- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- Directors & Officers Insurance – Management Liability Insurance
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Business Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- NonProfit Insurance – Insurance For 501(C)
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Covering Your Craftsmanship: Coverage Options for Wood Product Businesses
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- Benefits administration technology
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Liability Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
Employee Benefits Compliance
Are you compliant with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations?
Complexity made easy
Expertise + Experience
The threats of fines and penalties and the need to accurately report to various governmental bodies is putting and extraordinary amount of pressure on resource-strapped departments.
Horton’s compliance team is comprised of in-house support, legal team support and variety of systems design to make compliance easier.
Our team regularly offers updates and webinars, monthly compliance emails and on-demand resources for clients.
Visit our online resource library to find additional valuable information about OSHA, safety regulations, health care reform, HIPAA, FMLA and much more, get answers to common questions and have access to a variety of forms, notices and disclosures.
Health Care Reform
Health care reform is a primary concern for employers. We have a vast array of materials on health care reform to make it easy to stay on top of the ever-changing laws associated with health care reform.
Complying with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is an important responsibility for HR and benefit managers. We have easy-to-understand informational materials and forms you need to administer FMLA within the law.
Administering the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is another vital HR responsibility. Access numerous employer- and employee-facing educational pieces, as well as model forms and notices to help you remain compliant.
Over the past few years, the Department of Labor (DOL) has ramped up its enforcement of federal laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Attorney-created resources can help you learn about DOL compliance obligations and make sure you are following all of the rules.
Plan sponsors know the importance of complying with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations, but sometimes the implications of those laws on a business can be unclear. We can help our clients understand HIPAA laws and stay current with updates, as well as make administration easier with notices and forms.
We receive timely, expert advice and updates about regulatory events that affect Employee Benefits.
IRS Guidelines: Addressing Claims Substantiation for FSAs
Learn about the IRS claims substantiation requirement for FSAs and ensure compliance with guidelines to avoid penalties. Understand the process and necessary documentation.
IRS Releases PCORI Fee Adjustments
The IRS released Notice 2022-59, which provides the adjusted PCORI fees for plan years ending in October 2022 through September 2023. Employers who sponsored self-funded…
Health & Welfare Benefit Nondiscrimination Rules
We all know we need to comply with various employee benefit nondiscrimination requirements, but what does this really look like in practice? In this webinar, we’ll cover the basics of nondiscrimination requirements for cafeteria plans, self-funded group health plans, dependent care assistance programs (DCAPs), and group life insurance. We’ll also go over what the different tests look like, and what we see as common pitfalls in benefit design. Presenters Regan…
Regulatory & Legislative Update
As we hit the midway point of 2023, it’s the perfect opportunity to review what’s happened so far in 2023 and then also look forward to what is expected for the remainder of the year. This month’s webinar will focus on recent regulations, FAQs, and other guidance issued over the previous months to help employers keep up-to-date on the ever-changing employee benefit compliance requirements, and we may even provide some…
Employer Contribution Strategies
As many employers are beginning to think about benefit contribution strategies for 2024, this webinar will remind employers of different compliance considerations, including affordability and nondiscrimination rules. In addition to compliance, we’ll also discuss different ways that employers might use employer contribution strategies to attract and retain employees, to incent employees or their family members to waive coverage, and perhaps allow family members to qualify for Exchange subsidies now that…
Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMSCOs)
Earlier in 2023, the agencies released a new template for the National Medical Support Notice (NMSN), which state agencies are required to begin using by November 2023. When employers receive such notices requiring coverage to be made available to an employee’s child, the employer needs to follow Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO) procedures, but many employers are unfamiliar with these requirements. This webinar will provide an overview of QMCSO…
Whether your group is fully-insured or self-funded, we have the innovative wellness and clinical strategies to improve your employees health and well-being.
To learn more, talk to our wellness consulting team today.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.