- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives Insurance
- Certificate Control & Process
- Directors & Officers Insurance – Management Liability Insurance
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Business Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- NonProfit Insurance – Insurance For 501(C)
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Covering Your Craftsmanship: Coverage Options for Wood Product Businesses
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- Benefits administration technology
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Solutions
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Liability Protection
- High Net Worth Insurance for Successful Individuals and Families
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
Employee Benefits Compliance
Are you compliant with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations?
Complexity made easy
Expertise + Experience
The threats of fines and penalties and the need to accurately report to various governmental bodies is putting and extraordinary amount of pressure on resource-strapped departments.
Horton’s compliance team is comprised of in-house support, legal team support and variety of systems design to make compliance easier.
Our team regularly offers updates and webinars, monthly compliance emails and on-demand resources for clients.
Visit our online resource library to find additional valuable information about OSHA, safety regulations, health care reform, HIPAA, FMLA and much more, get answers to common questions and have access to a variety of forms, notices and disclosures.
Health Care Reform
Health care reform is a primary concern for employers. We have a vast array of materials on health care reform to make it easy to stay on top of the ever-changing laws associated with health care reform.
Complying with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is an important responsibility for HR and benefit managers. We have easy-to-understand informational materials and forms you need to administer FMLA within the law.
Administering the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is another vital HR responsibility. Access numerous employer- and employee-facing educational pieces, as well as model forms and notices to help you remain compliant.
Over the past few years, the Department of Labor (DOL) has ramped up its enforcement of federal laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Attorney-created resources can help you learn about DOL compliance obligations and make sure you are following all of the rules.
Plan sponsors know the importance of complying with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations, but sometimes the implications of those laws on a business can be unclear. We can help our clients understand HIPAA laws and stay current with updates, as well as make administration easier with notices and forms.
We receive timely, expert advice and updates about regulatory events that affect Employee Benefits.
CMS Released 2025 Plan Year Out-of-Pocket Maximums
Highlights CMS announced the cost-sharing limits for plan years beginning in 2025 on November 15, 2023. Medicare and the ACA requires health plans to place…
New Chicago Paid Leave Ordinance Will Start Dec. 31
Chicago has expanded its paid leave mandate with an ordinance requiring 40 hours of paid leave (PL) and 40 hours of paid sick leave (PSL)…
2024 MN Employment Law Update
Please join us as we discuss the rapidly changing employment law landscape, as you gear up for 2024. In this session, we will discuss and answer your questions around: New legislation and regulations (including the Paid Sick & Safe laws) Pregnancy and nursing mothers accommodations Wage and hour developments Handbook policy revisions and restrictive covenant agreements We hope to see you there! PRESENTER Jessica Roe, Partner / Roe Law Jessica’s…
Year-End Benefits Review & Wrap-Up
In 2023, human resource and employee benefits professionals were required to continue implementing various transparency requirements as well as keep up with the growing list of other benefit compliance requirements. This webinar will review important employee benefits compliance issues from 2023 and look forward to developments coming in 2024 that will impact your benefit plans. Presenters Bob Radecki, President, Benefit Comply, LLC Bob Radecki has more than thirty years of…
Charting A Path For MN State Leave 2024 & Beyond
Paid Family and Medical Leave is a new mandatory program launching for Minnesota employers in 2026 which will provide paid leave benefits when: An employee needs time off work because of their own or a family member’s serious health condition Bonding with a newborn or newly placed child Certain personal safety issues Certain military-related events While 2026 may seem far away, there are items that employers need to be submitting…
Benefits During Leaves of Absence
Many employers struggle with how to handle health and welfare benefit eligibility and employee contributions during employee leaves of absence. We encourage employers to proactively think about their leave policies and how they will handle benefits and payments while an employee is out on leave. In this webinar, we will provide an overview of the compliance requirements for handling health and welfare benefits during different types of leave – protected,…
Mid-year election changes are perhaps the most common benefit compliance issue that employers must deal with. When employees ask to add or drop benefit coverage mid-plan year, employers must understand HIPAA special enrollment rules and §125 election change rules to determine whether the mid-year election change request can be granted. This month’s webinar will provide a framework for thinking through the rules that apply to mid-year election changes and will…
Legislative & Regulatory Update
As we settle into 2024, it’s the perfect opportunity to look forward to what is expected for the remainder of the year. This month’s webinar will focus on recent regulations, FAQs, and other guidance issues over the previous months to help employers keep up to date on the ever-changing employee benefit compliance requirements, and we may even provide some guesses as to what else we might see in the upcoming…
No Fields Found.
Whether your group is fully-insured or self-funded, we have the innovative wellness solutions and clinical strategies to improve your employees health and well-being.
To learn more, talk to our wellness service team today.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.