It’s more than leading clients to a higher level of performance – it’s also important to lead the communities we all live and work in.
Once per year, employees may nominate a 501(c)(3) organization to receive up to $2,500 from the HHH fund. In the past five years, we have donated over $81,000 to date to local charities.
But “giving back” isn’t just about the donations. Our employees roll up their sleeves and volunteer on-site. We support the things that are meaningful to our community and that helps to unify us as an organization. Over the past five years, we’ve coordinated 69 onsite volunteer opportunities (resulting in over 500 employee volunteer hours) across Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
To paint a better picture, here are some of our volunteer highlights throughout the years:
Illinois Volunteer Highlights
- Worked on-site to build a house with Habitat for Humanity – DuPage County.
- Sorted through 220 bags from The Bridge Teen Center’s thrift store, which was enough to support 11 teens in the area.
- Packed 143 boxes of food for children (supplying 30,888 meals around the world) for Feed My Starving Children – Aurora.
- Made over 500 sandwiches in a single day for Morningstar Mission, an organization that helps the homeless.
- Packaged boxes of food at Children’s Hunger Fund for underprivileged families.
- Worked with Easterseals to paint six bedrooms in one of their community homes.
- Coordinated and played bingo with the residents of Smith Crossing, a senior living community.
- Put together 100 bags of fixings and 100 turkeys for Together We Cope (a homeless prevention agency) to complete Thanksgiving meals for many families in need.
- Purchased and delivered Christmas gifts to SOS Children’s Village Illinois
- Built, delivered and filled micro pantries for homeless in the Joliet community and the residents at Cornerstone Services, an organization that provides services to individuals with disabilities and homeless.
- Provided assistance to staff at the Spring Games of Special Olympics Illinois.
Indiana Volunteer Highlights
- Filled bags with personal hygiene items for Our Lady of the Road, an organization that feeds and shelters the homeless.
- Worked onsite at the Food Bank of Northern Indiana to pack nutritious school lunches for children in need.
- Played bingo with the senior citizens living at Holy Cross Village at Notre Dame.
- Partnered with the local Kroc Center/Salvation Army to provide Christmas gifts to the children of South Bend.
- Helped REAL Services (an organization that helps elderly, disabled and low-income individuals) with a variety of seasonal projects, including yard work, painting, winter home preparation and outdoor spring cleaning.
- Worked with Special Olympics Indiana to assist with a golf outing in Elkhart.
Wisconsin Volunteer Highlights
- Partnered with Box of Balloons to pack birthday boxes for underprivileged children in the Milwaukee area.
- Partnered with United Way for the “Growing in Diversity: Melting Pot Meal Kit Packaging & Conversation” event, where we assembled over 700 culturally inclusive soup meal kits for over 700 families.
- Partnered with Hunger Task Force, Milwaukee’s local food bank, to assist seniors with shopping, bagging and delivering fresh groceries to their cars.
- Participated in activities with residents and helped with fall/spring clean-up at Hartfel House, an assisted living community.
- Provided turkeys and packaged goods during Thanksgiving for the FOOD Pantry in Waukesha
- “Adopted” a family from the Christmas Clearing Council in Waukesha.