How can Horton Safety Consulting Services help your Manufacturing Business Operations?
Horton Safety Consultants can:
- Develop organizational specific safety and health programs and procedures with special emphasis on manufacturing environment work activities and exposures. Special emphasis safety programs and procedures could include equipment and machine operations and guarding, electrical safety and lockout tagout, hazard communication; globally harmonized systems, housekeeping and combustible dust, ergonomics and soft tissue injury prevention.
- Provide authorized, affected and other lockout/tagout application training.
- Provide powered industrial truck, scissor and aerial lift training and certification.
- Provide first-aid, CPR & AED training and certification for key company personnel.
- Provide routine training sessions for managers, supervisors and leads to ensure that facility safety and employee work practices are compliant with applicable OSHA standards and company directions.
- Conduct safety observations and audits using the Predictive Solutions software platform. Predictive Solutions provides statistical probabilities regarding the occurrence of accidents and injuries. Formal reports with photographs depicting both safe and at-risk practices and conditions will be distributed to key company personnel.
- Conduct documented accident and injury investigations. The investigation report will include descriptions and a summary of events, root causes and recommended actions; photographs will be taken. Horton Safety Consultants will use these investigations to solicit ideas and suggestions from all employees on how to prevent similar injuries or accidents from occurring in the future.
- Develop and implement an Accident Review Board (ARB). The Accident Review Board is made up of key company personnel who review and hold meetings to discuss significant accidents or near misses. At regular intervals, the injured or involved employee and their supervisor report to the ARB meetings to discuss what events transpired and what must be addressed to prevent future events.
- Capabilities to perform Industrial Hygiene activities necessary to ensure compliance with applicable OSHA hazardous and toxic substances requirements, OSHA’s respiratory protection regulations and OSHA’s hearing conservation standard.