- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Part-Time Safety Director Services
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- D&O / Managements Liability
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development & Property Management Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Wood Product Insurance
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- HR Technology and Benefits Administration
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Asset Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
Keys for Building a Compliant Employee Benefit Program
The legal requirements that apply to employer-sponsored health & welfare benefit programs are notoriously complex and confusing. Compliance rules for these plans seem to change continuously. Audits by government agencies can result in huge penalties for employers that are out of compliance with ERISA, the Affordable Care Act, the Tax Code, COBRA, HIPAA, CAA and other laws. This brief, informative presentation will bring clarity and insight to these challenging concepts and equip HR and benefits professionals to effectively manage risk in this critical area.
- What are the major federal laws that impact employee health & welfare programs?
- Which federal agencies enforce these laws?
- What penalties may apply for plans that are out of compliance?
- What are the key components of a compliant program?
- What types of compliance requirements typically apply to employee health & welfare programs?
Our special guest presenter will be Derek Ashton, CEBS. An in-demand speaker and host of the popular “Compliance Recharge” webinar series, Derek informs and entertains while delivering practical insights tailored to the interests of employers, HR leaders, and benefits professionals.
Derek Ashton, CEBS
Derek received a B.A. in Divinity from NorthPoint Bible College and also earned the Group Benefits Associate (GBA), Compensation Management Specialist (CMS), and Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designations through the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. After joining Medcom in 2012, he directed the company’s Compliance & Actuarial Division for over seven years and now serves in a compliance consulting, training, and business development role.
Andy Podmolik is a Vice President for Horton’s Benefit Solutions. He is responsible for providing industry expertise and consultative guidance to aid clients in navigating the marketplace. He is part of a team of employee-benefits focused specialists dedicated to delivering innovative healthcare solutions to employers.
Chris Utz is a Senior Vice President for Horton’s Employee Benefit Solutions. In this role, Chris is responsible for providing expertise on industry benefits and consultative guidance to aid clients in navigating the ever-changing benefits marketplace.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.