Our Lender Coverage Team works with lenders across the country to review loan insurance requirements and verify compliance in an effort to streamline the closing process and help mitigate risk.
Our process is as follows:
- Create workflows, procedures and deliverables
Our team works with the lender to create a workflow for collecting documentation, procedures for how we will review the documentation against the requirements and what we deliver back to the lender.
- Work with the lender to establish the appropriate insurance requirements in accordance with the type of loans:
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- Others upon request
- Collect required documentation from the borrower and their broker
Our team works with the closer and the borrow’s broker to collect the borrower’s insurance documents (certificate of insurance, evidence of property, flood determination form, statement of values, insurance value, appraisal, property conditions report, zoning report, wind zones, flood zones, earthquake zones) and due date.
- Review the documentation against the requirements and provide updates
Upon receipt of applicable documents, they are reviewed or accuracy and compared to the established lender requirements for compliance. A checklist is established to show where there is compliance or non-compliance. We will then work with the closer and the borrower’s broker to make sure requirements are met or waived at the lender’s discretion, as well as provide status updates.
- Final Review & Turnaround Time
Once the review is completed, a final review is sent along with:
- Verification that all requirements have been met (or waived accordingly)
- All supporting documents
- Our invoice
Typical turnaround time is 10 business days. Completion of the full review may be shorter or longer depending on the borrower’s ability to provide documentation and meet compliance.