Traffic Violations Can Lead to Larger Premiums
From time to time, everyone makes an accidental traffic violation. However, a recent study from Insurance.com has shown that some vehicle models are ticketed more frequently than others.
After examining over 323,000 insurance quotes, Insurance.com determined the percentage of drivers who were issued traffic violations for each vehicle model.
Here are the ten vehicle models that received the highest number of traffic tickets:
- Lexus ES 300: 33.4 percent
- Nissan 350Z: 32.5 percent
- Dodge Charger: 32.1 percent
- Volkswagen Jetta GL: 31.4 percent
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS/LT: 30.8 percent
- Mazda 3S: 30.3 percent
- Volkswagen GTI: 30.3 percent
- Dodge Stratus SXT: 30.2 percent
- Acura 3.0S/CL: 30.1 percent
- Toyota Tacoma: 30.1 percent
The following are the ten vehicle models that received the lowest number of traffic tickets:
- Buick Encore: 3.2 percent
- Lexus IS350: 3.4 percent
- Acura ILX: 5.6 percent
- Cadillac ATS: 6.2 percent
- Chevrolet Express: 7.7 percent
- Cadillac Escalade: 8.1 percent
- GMC Savana: 8.8 percent
- Audi A3 2 Series: 9.2 percent
- BMW 320I: 9.9 percent
- Land Rover Range Rover: 10.9 percent
The exact rules surrounding traffic violations can vary depending on your location, but the most common violations include speeding, running a red light, illegal parking and driving without your headlights on. To stay safe and keep your premiums low, it’s best to double check the laws in your area and ensure that you follow the rules of the road.
© 2016 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.