- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives Insurance
- Certificate Control & Process
- Directors & Officers Insurance – Management Liability Insurance
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Business Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- NonProfit Insurance – Insurance For 501(C)
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Covering Your Craftsmanship: Coverage Options for Wood Product Businesses
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- Benefits administration technology
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Solutions
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Liability Protection
- High Net Worth Insurance for Successful Individuals and Families
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
We are excited to have Jason Haas join our organization and lead the Multiemployer Practice.
He brings 10+ years of benefits consulting experience to multiemployer health and pension plans, and has a track record for developing and maintaining deep, successful relationships with Labor and Management Trustees, Attorneys, Administrators and other co-professionals. Jason couples his relationship skills with tremendous industry knowledge and consistently brings ideas and solutions for his clients to consider. Jason arrives at Horton from one of the largest actuarial consulting firms in the multiemployer market, and we look forward to coupling his experience with flexibility on pricing and services for clients and prospects to consider.
Jason Haas is a Senior Vice President, dedicated to client management and new business development for both Horton Benefits Solutions and Horton Risk Advisory Solutions. He is part of a team of industry experts dedicated to delivering unique and industry-leading tools to clients. He is a licensed Life & Health and Property & Casualty Producer, arming him with the tools needed to serve clients in the single employer and multiemployer markets across the Midwest.
In this role, Jason will provide innovative benefits consulting advice to Boards of Trustees, business owners and employers around all aspects of health plan management including plan design, vendor management, forecasts, budget projections, rate setting, data analytics and compliance. Jason will also work closely with Horton’s Risk Advisory team to help grow its middle market presence in bringing Property & Casualty solutions to Taft-Hartley benefit funds (fiduciary liability, fidelity bond, cyber liability and employment practices liability insurance), construction, manufacturing and Local Union Hall and Apprenticeship Training Facilities.
Jason brings 10+ years of industry experience to The Horton Group and has built a strong reputation in the benefits world. He is known for earning the trust of prospects and clients, developing deep relationships and strengthening those relationships by regularly providing new industry knowledge and solutions for his clients.
Before joining Horton, Jason worked at Segal, a leading benefits consulting actuarial firm. He consulted to multiple building trades in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois, such as the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Plumbers and Pipefitters, Iron Workers and Electrical Workers, on self-funded and fully insured health and welfare plans, and defined benefit plans ranging from 500 to 50,000 lives. He advised health and welfare clients on self-funded risk, fully insured arrangements, asset and reserve targets, expense and trend management, budget projections, plan design, vendor management, RFP analysis (medical, pharmacy drug and ancillary benefits), wellness and population health. He also advised retirements plans on issues of investment return risk, plan design and funding projections.
“Coming from a large consulting firm, like Segal, has given me a strong foundation,” Jason said. “My experience helps me target both mid-market employers, as well as Taft-Hartley prospects, with the ability to show large-scale industry knowledge and solutions for clients to help them curb costs and maintain benefits for their employees, members, retirees and families. I look forward to offering clients robust relationships, with quality service at unmatched flexibility from a services and fee perspective.”
Working at a large consulting firm opened the door to many wonderful opportunities for Jason – but the most memorable of these experiences include having his clients thank him for his consultative guidance.
“I have seen many clients faced with increased retiree claims experience, raising subsidies on their self-funded active plan costs,” Jason says. “Clients have thanked me for my ability to walk in the door, review their plan design, benchmark against the industry, and provide financial solutions such as to lower retiree costs to the plan while also improving benefits for the retiree members and their spouses. It is both rewarding and memorable when clients are so grateful for your expertise and knowledge.”
Outside of the benefits industry, Jason was a former all-state high school basketball player in Pennsylvania and went on to lead his prep school team to the New Jersey state championship game. From there, he earned a full basketball scholarship to Stanford University, where he was a Pac-10 conference champion, played on the #1 nationally ranked team and earned All-Academic Pac-10 honors twice in his college career. Jason’s wife, Samantha, was an All-American volleyball player at Penn State University and Big Ten Conference Champion. Jason and Samantha currently reside in Wheaton, Illinois with their two children, Ford and Frankie.
- Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA): Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Professional Designations & Licensing
- Life & Health Insurance License
- Property & Casualty Insurance License
- The Horton Group
- Senior Vice President (August 2022 – Present)
- Vice President, Senior Consultant (April 2016 – August 2022)
- MedExpert International, Inc.
- Executive Vice President (October 2014 – March 2016)
Industry & Community Involvement
- UFCW Local 227 Charity Foundation (Louisville, Kentucky): Board Member
Letter to the Professional Driver
In this litigious environment, help us (and yourself) by keeping a clean driving record.
Selling Automation – Protect Yourself
Automation interest has increased in popularity for welding & gas distributors. While this poses a significant opportunity, don’t forget about the associated risk.