Numerous summer storms possess the capacity to generate hail, which has the potential to wreak havoc on your residence. The degree of damage inflicted may not always be perceptible, depending on the variety of materials employed in constructing the diverse sections of your dwelling.
The roofing of domestic buildings can be fashioned using an array of materials. In the aftermath of a hailstorm, it is prudent to scrutinize your roof as thoroughly as feasible from ground level; only a seasoned professional should ascend onto your roof to evaluate any destruction.
During your assessment, be vigilant for the following issues:
- Fractures or punctures in the roof
- Darkened patches that may materialize on asphalt shingles
- Chipping or fissures on slate shingles
- Damage to the roof’s foundational material in the absence of any shingles
Storms accompanied by strong gusts of wind also have the potential to inflict significant harm on windows and their frames.
It is crucial to ensure that your home’s windows are devoid of the following:
- Cracks in the glass or window glazing
- Harm to the window frame which could undermine the integrity of the entire window
- Broken window seals, potentially allowing moisture or other external elements into your home
Beyond these areas, inspect other parts of your dwelling for possible damage, such as the exterior siding, architectural features, and any automobiles parked outdoors. Following a thorough post-storm examination of your property, enlist the services of a reputable contractor and connect with your insurance agent to rectify any destruction and initiate a claim for your loss under your home insurance policy.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.