Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
What Type of Information Horton Collects
Personal Identification Information
Horton is the sole owner of the information collected on this Website. Horton may collect your personal identification information in a variety of formats, including, but not limited to, when you visit this Website, subscribe to Horton’s newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, directly contact Horton, or in connection with other activities, services, features or resources Horton makes available on this Website. You may be asked to provide, as appropriate, your name, email address, mailing address and phone number. You may, however, visit this Website anonymously. Horton will collect your personal identification information only if you voluntarily submit such information to Horton. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities on this Website.
Non-Personal Identification Information
Horton may collect your non-personal identification information whenever you interact with this Website. Non-personal identification information may include your browser name, type of computer and technical information from your computer, such as means of connection to this Website, your computer’s operating system, the Internet service providers you utilize and other similar information.
HOW HORTON SHARES YOUR INFORMATION
Horton does not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. Horton may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information with Horton’s business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. Horton may use third party service providers to help operate Horton’s business and this Website or administer activities on Horton’s behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. Horton may share your information with these third parties for these limited purposes.
HOW HORTON USES COLLECTED INFORMATION
Horton will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you visited this Website or contacted Horton. Horton will only share your information with third parties outside of its organization when it is necessary to fulfill your request, for example, to secure an insurance quote for you from an insurance carrier. Horton may also collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service or respond to an inquiry
- Information you provide helps Horton respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- Horton may aggregate information to understand how this Website’s users use the services and resources provided on this Website.
- To improve this Website
- Horton may use your feedback to improve its products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Website feature
- Horton may send you information you agreed to receive about topics that may be of interest to you.
- To send you periodic emails
- Horton may use your email address to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to Horton’s mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Horton includes detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact Horton via this Website.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
The CCPA provide consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request THG to disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we received and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information.
- If share or sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You may find advertising or other content on this Website that link to the websites and services of Horton’s partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. Horton does not control the content or links that appear on these third party websites and is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from this Website. In addition, these other websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing and may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link on or to this Website, are subject to the terms and policies of those other websites.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
Horton will also provide the following information and services to you upon written request:
- Inventory of what data Horton has about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data Horton has about you that is inaccurate;
- Delete any data Horton has about you, to the extent feasible under the law; and
- Address any reasonable concern you have about Horton’s use of your data.
Horton takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via this Website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Any data Horton collects and transmits on this Website is encrypted and transmitted to Horton in a secure manner. Horton also protects your information offline. Horton stores all customer data in a secure Citrix network. Also, Horton’s company policy states only employees who need customer information to perform a specific job function (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to customer information. Horton’s data servers are also kept and stored in an offsite and secure environment to prevent against unauthorized access.