When Heat Stroke Occurs the body becomes unable to control its temperature. The body temperature can rise to 106 degrees Fahrenheit or higher in only 10 to 15 minutes. Prevention of Heat Stress is extremely important for workers. The effects can cause long term damage if workers and employers are not careful.
Loss Prevention Tips
- Heat Exhaustion is common and non- Life threatening
- Heat Stroke Occurs after heat exhaustion and can kill
- Heat Stroke involves internal temperature rising uncontrollably
- destroying internal organs
- Getting sufficient Liquids is a Must
- Avoid consuming caffeinated Beverages because they lead to further dehydration
- No Soda
- No Energy Drinks
- No Sugary Beverages
- Drink 8 ounces of water per hour
- Having Water or Gatorade on site is mandatory for employers
- Consume MORE than 8 ounces if humid conditions are occurring too.
- Wear Breathable Clothing
- Avoid Consumption of Alcohol before working in the Heat
- Once you have felt any of the below symptoms seek medical attention:
- Skin that is dry and hot to the touch
- Loss of consciousness
- Sweating Stops
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.