George Daly, MBA
Chief Operations Officer
Whether he is leading employee meetings or providing leadership training for The Horton Group, George Daly makes a positive impact on the entire Horton organization.
George is the Chief Operations Officer for The Horton Group, working with every division of the agency. He splits his time among the sales teams, executive officers, shareholders, IT, office services, and building the company culture.
“My top priority when working with employees is to develop a culture that enables The Horton Group to achieve organic growth goals. In addition, my team and I work tirelessly to provide an operational platform that enables Horton employees to provide Best in Class solutions for clients,” George shared.
In an agency of nearly 400 employees, George allows time for anyone who needs his assistance. “The most rewarding part of my job is seeing people grow and reach their potential,” said George. “In addition, I am fortunate to be in a role where I feel I have an opportunity to make a positive impact on the company’s growth, employee experience and client experience. The responsibility that I feel for the well-being of Horton employees keeps me energized.”
Prior to joining The Horton Group, George spent nearly 20 years with InsureOne, an insurance agency with more than 400 employees and offices in six states. Beginning with his role as a sales manager, he moved into vice president roles for sales and then marketing, before eventually becoming the Senior Vice President of Retail Operations for a new publicly-traded parent company, Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc. While there, George received the Award of Excellence for outstanding work for the corporation.
George places a great emphasis on giving back to his community. He has provided fundraising efforts for San Miguel Schools, a Chicago-based non-profit that provides innovative and accessible education for children of inner-city families. In addition, George helped to build Challengers Field, a place where mentally and physically challenged kids and young adults can play baseball. George is also a member of the Chicago Southland Economic Development Corporation. George is on the board of the Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois. George has held various roles including regional director, government relations chair and IIAPAC chair. Also, George was a member of the Tinley Park Fire department for 8 years.
George grew up in Oak Lawn, Illinois and now resides in Tinley Park, Illinois with his wife Margie, and his three children. George is passionate about youth sports, he was fortunate to coach his children for many years and holds a spot on the Cardinal Bernardin Athletic Board.
- BA in Business Administration, Chicago State University, Chicago, IL
- MBA, Mendoza School of Business, Notre Dame, South Bend, IN
- Licensed Property & Casualty Producer
- Licensed Life & Health License Producer
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), 1990-2004
- San Miguel Schools, Charity Fundraising Committee
- Helped build Challenger Field
- Norm Meyer Day Volunteer for Special Needs Children, Orland Park
- Firefighter, Tinley Park
- Chicago Southland Economic Development Corporation
- Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois, Region 7 Chairman
- Cardinal Bernardin Athletic Board
- The Horton Group, Chief Operations Officer since 2005
- InsureOne, Inc., Senior Vice President of Retail Operations, 2003-2005
- InsureOne, Inc., Executive Vice President of Marketing, 1994-2003
- InsureOne, Inc., Vice President of Sales and Marketing, 1991-1994
- InsureOne, Inc., Sales Manager, 1989-1991
- Allstate Insurance, Sales Associate, 1984-1986
Read More From Customers
My top priority when working with employees is to develop a culture that enables The Horton Group to achieve organic growth goals. In addition, my team and I work tirelessly to provide an operational platform that enables Horton employees to provide superior insurance solutions for clients.
George Daly, Chief Operations Officer
The Horton Group