Pauline Jakubiec, M.S., CPHRM, CPPS
Risk Management Consultant
“I am working with a variety of medical groups, physicians, hospitals and clinics to establish comprehensive risk management programs,” said Pauline Jakubiec, Risk Management Consultant for the The Horton Group. “While developing and implementing these programs, it is important to focus on innovative ways to drive down our clients' costs and anxiety, while limiting their internal workloads.”
Pauline Jakubiec arrived at The Horton Group with more than 20 years of medical malpractice claims, risk management and consulting experience. “I have gained extensive knowledge through my previous work as a director with two of the largest hospital systems in the State of Illinois,” Pauline stated. “I was very fortunate to be a part of the Provena/Resurrection family, now known as Presence Health, and the renowned Advocate Health Care system. I also regard my previous role within the University of Chicago Medical Center as one of my foremost influences today.” Pauline has taught and lectured extensively, both locally and abroad, on various risk and claims-related topics. Her adept ability to connect with clients and the Horton staff provides an opportunity to successfully impact patient safety, while reducing risk and potential liabilities within the healthcare setting.
Pauline is a member of the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), The National Foundation for Patient Safety (NFPS), and Current Executive Board Member and Committee Chair of the Chicagoland Health Care Risk Management Society (CHRMS).
Pauline holds a Masters degree in Healthcare Management from Finch University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School, a B.A. in Liberal Arts and Sciences from DePaul University, and a Paralegal Certificate from Roosevelt University. She is widely regarded as one of the leading risk management specialists in the Chicagoland healthcare community.
“I enjoy the challenge of working with such a dynamic and multi-faceted team at Horton and their Healthcare Division,” Pauline said. “The ability to procure medical malpractice insurance for more than 1,800 physicians throughout Illinois and assist them in such a wide-variety of areas is very exciting. I embrace the opportunity to be an advocate to these clients and help provide a single source of contact for their insurance and benefit needs.”
- Masters Degree, Healthcare Management, Finch University of Health Sciences/ The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Liberal Arts and Sciences, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Paralegal Certificate, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL
- The Horton Group, Risk Management Consultant, 2012 - present
- Presence Health, Director Risk Management
- Advocate Health Care, Director Risk Management
- Advocate Health Care, Claims Manager
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
- Producer License (IL)
- The National Foundation for Patient Safety, Member
- Chicagoland Health Care Risk Management Society, Current Executive Board Member and Committee Chair
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Member