Ryan Schnase, REBC RHU
Ryan Schnase is a Sales Executive for Horton’s Employee Benefit Solution division. Ryan is responsible for providing expert employee benefits consulting, bringing new clients on board, and servicing and retaining existing clients. He is part of a team of employee benefits focused specialists dedicated to delivering innovative healthcare solutions to employers.
Ryan’s passion is building close, long-standing relationships with clients. The roots of Ryan’s commitment to client service began when he first joined Horton as a Client Service Assistant in 2010. This somewhat unconventional career path gave Ryan invaluable knowledge and experience as he fielded calls from human resource team members, employees and employees’ spouses.
“From every one of those encounters, I inherited a true understanding of how we need to interact with and educate our clients’ workforce to help them understand how to use their benefits and get the most out of their coverage,” explained Ryan.
Ryan notes that there has been a great deal of confusion and disruption in the insurance industry due to constant legislative changes and compliance updates to the Affordable Care Act. He is committed to keeping up with the ever evolving landscape of employee benefits so that he can guide each of his clients down a path of continued success.
Ryan enjoys the positive culture at Horton, especially among his Employee Benefit Solutions team members. Long term, he would like to be a mentor and partner to other Horton associates who wish to follow the same path he has taken in his career.
Ryan earned a Bachelor Degree in Marketing from North Central College in Naperville, Illinois. He grew up in Tinley Park, Illinois and currently lives in Plainfield, Illinois with his family. In his time away from work, Ryan is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fishing and playing all kinds of competitive sports.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, North Central College, Naperville, IL
- Licensed Life & Health Producer
- Licensed Property & Casualty
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU), The American College
- The Horton Group, Sales Executive / Employee Benefit Solutions, October 2015 - Present
- The Horton Group, Client Manager, August 2011 - September 2014
- The Horton Group, Client Service Representative, August 2011 - July 2013
- The Horton Group, Client Service Assistant, August 2010 - July 2011
- Wells Fargo Financial, Senior Credit Manager, 2008 - 2010
- Lake County Contractors Association (LCCA), Member
- Grundy Will Human Resource Association (GWHRA), Member