Sean Dauber, MBA, GBDS
Senior Vice President
In the US, declining birthrates, advances in health care technology, government legislation, and massive numbers of retiring Baby Boomers are accelerating health care spending. Thus, in the coming decade, health care will almost certainly become a larger sector of economic activity.
Even though governments cannot easily expand their sources of funds, the pressure to provide adequate health care will continue. Limited funding will only drive additional legislative intervention and add more administrative burdens on employers. “This is why I believe it is essential for employers to partner with an advisor who stays abreast of health care's ever-changing business climate, and who can creatively and effectively help manage their employee benefit plans,” stated Sean Dauber, Senior Vice President - Employee Benefit Solutions.
Horton's Healthcare Practice is highly specialized in providing insurance brokerage and consulting services exclusively to health care providers and organizations. By concentrating specifically on the coverage needs of the health care industry, they have developed the unique knowledge and expertise that can only come from intense specialization.
“Our physician clients work erratic shifts and are focused on treating patients and saving lives. We understand that they do not have the typical 9-5 work day,” said Sean. “On top of this, physicians are inundated with paperwork and government regulation leaving little time to address their own benefits, so when it comes to their programs I give them the same attention as I would my own. To earn their trust, I remain responsive and highly accessible. Their commitment to their medical specialty and to their patients is matched by my passion for excellence and desire to consistently deliver best-in-class benefit solutions to my clients.”
Since Hortons inception more than 30 years ago, they have built and maintained trusted long-term relationships with their clients by continuing to best meet their needs as they adapt to ongoing changes in health care. “We are proud to represent more than 100 medical organizations throughout the Midwest – many for more than 15 years,” Sean said. Current clients range from smaller specialty groups, such as anesthesiologists, radiologists, orthopedic surgeons, cardiologists, pediatricians, and plastic surgeons, to some of the area's largest and most prestigious medical organizations.
When not spending time with his wife Heather and his three young children, Lauren, Aidan, and Vivian, Sean serves as a State Commissioner for the Illinois Student Assistance Commission and volunteers at The Cara Program.
- Master of Business Administration, Saint Xavier University, Chicago, IL
- B.S. in Information and Decision Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Licensed Life and Health Producer
- Licensed Property and Casualty Producer
- Long-Term Care
- Group Benefits Disability Specialist (GBDS)
- Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc., Senior Vice President, National Sales, 2005-2006
- InsureOne, Executive Vice President of Sales, 1997-2005;
- InsureOne, Vice President of Operations and Customer Service, 1996-1997;
- InsureOne, Director of Operations, 1994-1996
- Western Consolidated Technologies, Inc., Marketing Analyst, 1992-1994
- Community Involvement Commissioner
- Illinois State Student Assistance Commission Volunteer
- The Cara Program