- Protect Your Business
- Business Insurance Products
- Risk Advisory Solutions
- Risk Control & Transfer
- Claims Advocacy
- Safety Consulting
- Predictive Safety Analytics
- Safety Observations & Safety Audits
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- Schedule a Pre-Employment Test
- SB 75 | Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Services
- Workplace COVID-19 Consulting Services
- Safety Program and Risk Assessments
- Part-Time Safety Director Services
- Cost Reduction Services
- Safety Training Services
- Safety Program Development
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Industry Leading Safety Solutions
- Transportation Safety Programs
- Pre-Employment Strength Testing
- Surety Bond Services
- Captives & Alternatives Risk
- Certificate Control & Process
- D&O / Managements Liability
- Contact Business Advisor Team
- Construction Insurance
- Real Estate Development & Property Management Insurance
- Lawyers & Legal Professionals
- Manufacturing & Distribution Insurance
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Insurance
- Pet Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Beverage Manufacturing Insurance
- Bakery Manufacturing Insurance
- Tortilla Manufacturing Insurance
- Grain and Oilseed Manufacturing Insurance
- Sugar Manufacturing Insurance
- Meat Manufacturing Insurance
- Chemical Manufacturing Insurance
- Metal Manufacturing Insurance
- Food Manufacturing Insurance
- Plastic Goods Manufacturing Insurance
- Moving & Storage
- Public Sector Insurance
- Welding Supply & Gas Dist.
- Resale, Consignment & Thrift Shop Insurance
- Restaurant Insurance
- Bar Insurance
- Trucking Insurance
- Wood Product Insurance
- Protect Your People
- Employee Benefits Insurance
- Employee Benefits Strategies
- Strategic Benefits Planning
- HR Technology and Benefits Administration
- Pharmacy Benefits Management
- Employee Benefits Compliance
- Employee Benefits Analytics
- Claims Administration
- Employee Retirement Plans
- Wellness Consulting
- Group Purchasing
- Alternative Funding
- Multiemployer Consulting Solutions
- Protect Your Family
- Individual Health Protection
- Personal Asset Protection
- Private Client Solutions
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance
- Insuring Domestic Workers
- Using Life Insurance to Fund Buy-Sell Agreements
- Collection Insurance Coverage
Halloween Roundup: Spooky New Illinois Employment Laws And Immigration Law Tricks, Treats (And Trends)
This seminar will take a look at what is on the horizon for Illinois employers in 2020 in cannabis regulation, immigration and more..
Registration: 1:30 p.m. (Central)
Program: 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Reception: 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
Significant Requirements for Illinois Employers Under the Amended Equal Pay Act and New Workplace Transparency Act
Illinois employers must now revamp hiring procedures as, among other recent changes, they can no longer inquire about candidates’ salary history and can face significant penalties for retaliating against candidates who refuse to disclose such information. Moreover, Illinois employers must further grapple with new #metoo workplace obligations, including IDHR-compliant sexual harassment training and bilingual Spanish and English sexual harassment policies. Employers will take away from this session steps for preparing now to ensure their workplaces are ready to tackle these new requirements.
Dazed and Confused: Untangling and Understanding the Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act’s Impact on Employers
Illinois’ legalization of recreational marijuana goes into effect on January 1, 2020, and its provisions will have wide ranging implications for employers in every industry. The legislation is less than clear when it comes to workplace policies. Although employers are allowed to maintain “zero tolerance” policies, because Cannabis in now a “lawful” product, its use outside of the workplace is not prohibited. Our team will explain the current tension is the law, what employers need to know, and how they can prepare before their policies go up in smoke.
Recent Immigration Compliance Trends: What All Employers Need to Know
Immigration raids and audits are on the rise and in the news. Compliance is essential. Learn about the latest trends in I-9 and worksite enforcement and procedures to follow to protect your institution in case you are subject to a visit by ICE. Also learn about how Social Security no-match letters, which were re-instituted in 2019, are used in worksite enforcement actions.
Changes Blowing in the Windy City: The Chicago Fair Workweek Ordinance and Minimum Wage Developments
The Chicago Fair Workweek Ordinance will require Chicago employers to give employees advance notice of their work schedule, effective July 20, 2020. Our team will explain what employers will need to do to comply.
Also on the horizon for Chicago employers, the Raise Chicago Ordinance would accelerate the Illinois-wide move to a $15 dollar minimum wage, making the increase effective July 1, 2021. In the ordinance’s current form, it would also apply to tipped employees – eliminating the tip credit. Our team will examine the ever-changing landscape surrounding the increases.
Illinois Biometric Privacy Act: From Obscure Enactment to Class Action Windfall
Although the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act was enacted in 2008, a January 2019 Illinois Supreme Court decision, which held that an individual need not show actual harm to establish a violation, has opened the floodgates for class action litigation under the Act. Dozens of class actions are filed every month in Illinois against unsuspecting employers who utilize employee biometric information for timekeeping and security purposes, among other things. We will explain what constitutes biometric information, the mechanics of the statute, recent case law, and best practices for avoiding litigation.
Material posted on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal opinion or medical advice. Contact your legal representative or medical professional for information specific to your legal or medical needs.
Grow What’s Good
Let Your Aspirations Set the Agenda
Grow with who you know. Reach out to us today and start the conversation, so you’re better protected and prepared for what comes next.