Dave Valentine, CSP
Dave Valentine is a certified Safety Consultant, providing comprehensive safety consulting services to a growing number of industrial, construction, public entity and service operations. Since 1991, Horton's safety services team has offered clients a multitude of services designed to control exposure to risk at every level of operation.
“When I meet with a client, my goal is to do far more than simply point out broken bulbs and frayed wires,” said Dave. “My team and I identify fundamental flaws in existing safety programs and then develop, implement and maintain effective programs.”
Dave is a Certified Safety Professional with more than 40 years of experience in occupational safety. He is involved in numerous professional and trade associations, including the American Society of Safety Engineers and the Associated Builders & Contractors where he serves on their Safety Committee. Dave specializes in management and employee safety training. He is also considered to be an industry expert in the fields of manufacturing safety and ergonomics.
“Ergonomics is the science of evaluating and designing tasks, jobs, products and environments in order to make them compatible with the needs, abilities and limitations of people,” Dave explained. “The ultimate goal of ergonomics is to prevent the causes of musculoskeletal disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, back strain and fatigue. We aim to develop successful ergonomic programs for companies that include written guidelines, training, implementation and follow-up.”
If you're ever walking through historic downtown Cedarburg with Dave, don't be surprised if you stop to talk with a number of residents. Dave has served on the Town of Cedarburg Board since 1996 and is the current Town Chairman. Aside from his civic involvement, Dave is an avid fisherman who loves spending time with his wife at their cabin in Wisconsin's Northwoods.
- B.S. in Mathematics and Economics, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- Certified Safety Professional
- American Society of Safety Engineers, Professional Member
- Safety Consultants, Vice President, 1999
- St. Paul Insurance, Senior Loss Control Consultant, 1997-1999
- Northbrook Property & Casualty, Loss Control Manager, 1980-1997
- Aetna Life & Casualty, Safety Superintendent, 1967-1980
- United States Army Retired Lieutenant Colonel, unit commander in Gulf War, 24 years as a reservist
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Safety Committee Board Member:
- Lions Club, Past President
- Town Chairman of Cedarburg, WI since 2006, Board Member since 1996
- Featured speaker at the Associated Builders & Contractors Safety Convention, addressing such topics as Fall Protection and Demolition Safety
Read More From Customers
Dave Valentine and Horton Safety Consultants have been an integral part of the development of our safety culture and teamwork. With their help, we have derived positive changes in our overall business that have benefited our company’s profitability and growth.
Larry Czaszwicz, Framarx/Waxstar
The hard work and dedication of Dave Valentine and his team at Horton Safety Consultants have resulted in a greatly improved safety record at Bloomington-Normal Seating Company. The safety training provided is terrific and meets all of our OSHA compliance needs. Dave’s ergonomic evaluations have led to engineering improvements that reduced our incidence rates and severity of cumulative trauma occurrences. This ultimately reduced the costs associated with those injuries.
Ed Catton, General Affairs Manager
Bloomington-Normal Seating Company
The professional delivery of timely, practical safety solutions that address unique and difficult circumstances make Dave an invaluable member of our construction team.
Dave Schwartz, President
Innovative Construction Solutions, Inc.